Friday 25 February 2011

February 25th

Results





Today was a terrible start for the London Stock Exchange, as glitches appeared to show wrong figures for everything so the market had to be closed for half of the day, this cost me some money in the beginning when I got quoted a different price than it actually was. UK News Story Here.

I basically done the same as yesterday and I saw an opportunity in Gold this time, as it will always remain as the safest investment in the long run. See the price going relatively cheap compared to this week at $1402 (we've seen it reach $1418 this week and $1430 back in December).

I actually failed at a trade the same point an hour earlier, but my instincts were telling me people were buying as it reached a low point twice (between the arrow signs) and didn't move any further south.

Price stalled and didn't have enough buyers compared to sellers to push it further out, so I bailed and sold at $1405.90. Unfortunately it did go higher later on in the day but hey, I cant get maximum profits every time! First attempt lost me -£66 but second time £114.








Most of the European Exchanges do seem to be recovering some of the huge losses they have suffered this week, but I stayed far away. I am not convinced that the crash is over, losing 5% of the market in 1 week is no joke. Let me give you a figure, the London Stock Exchange capital is worth $3.6 trillion and it lost 5% this week, meaning it lost around $180 billion. The same happened all over Europe, America/Asia also took losses but not as much.

Markets in the UK closed at 4:30pm as per usual and USA is getting ready to close at 9:00pm so that is it for the weekend!

I hope everyone enjoys the next few days, and I'll be back posting again on Monday.

Goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment